I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Abby at BookishBarrister ! Thanks a lot ! Now I really feel like I’m part of the blogging community.
And, here are the rules :
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you
- Give eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven bloggers that you think are deserving of the award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them eleven questions to answer
I didn’t know it would be this hard to think of what to say about myself, and to find questions for you guys to answer (no, I’m lying, I totally knew the second would be extremely difficult), so I hope you’ll like them.
1. Why did you start blogging ?
I needed an outlet for all my crazy, rambling, bookish thoughts. It had been on my mind for a little while, and when Book Riot savagely rejected me (I’m kidding !), I finally decided to give it a try.
2. Who would you want to play you in the movie version of your life ?
ELLEN PAGE !!! Sorry, erm, Ellen Page. We’re both tiny, skinny brunettes with brown eyes. She’s way prettier, though, but it’s a movie, so it’s a given.
3. Likewise, if you could play anyone in a movie, who would it be ?
First of all, there’s a definite chance that it’d be a movie musical, so probably Penny from Hairspray, or one of the girls in Pitch Perfect ! (also Step Up, the first or second, though. Everything that came after is meaningless).
4. Who is your favorite musical artist ?
If we’re talking favourite of all time, then it’s undeniably Queen. Otherwise, it’s a tough battle between Ed Sheeran and Bastille.
5. Do you have any weird talents or habits ?
I’m good with faces, but I don’t think that’s especially weird … My bookshelf organisation process is definitely a weird habit, though.
6. What is a book that you always seem to recommend to people ?
The Fault In Our Stars, for some reason. It usually pays off though. And more recently, I’ve been pushing a few friends to read The Raven Boys because these books are awesome !
7. Do you collect anything interesting (besides books) ?
Clothes tags ? Like, the pretty ones with the brand on it, like those. I have a shoebox full of this sort of tags, and I used to use them as bookmarks. Even my brother still gives me the tags whenever he buys new clothes. Choosing one was a really thorough process, because the colours had to match the book cover, but also somehow not clash with the theme of the book (like, not something too modern for a medieval story for example). I stopped when I moved out, and I mostly use Book Depository bookmarks now.
8. What is one thing you hope to accomplish soon ?
So many things ! But mainly, to be a more effective reader and blogger.
9. Are you a coffee drinker ?
Not at all. I negate the powers of coffee apparently because it makes me terribly sleepy.
10. Do you have any pet peeves ?
Doors banging, children crying, furnitures moving, basically all loud noises.
11. Do you prefer paper books, e-books, or audiobooks ?
Paper books, all the way ! I’m not reading the same way whether I have the book in my hand, or whether I’m reading off my phone or my laptop, I’m more committed with the physical copy. As for audiobooks, I wanted to try, but it’s so not for me, I can’t concentrate if I don’t see the words.
THE TMI MOMENT
1. I’m always wearing nail polish, or almost always, since high-school.
2. The saving screen picture on my phone is Colin Firth.
3. I’ve discovered the term “demisexual” about two years, and I’ve been really grateful since then.
4. I got a tattoo when I was 16, after pestering my parents for years to know if they’d let me get one. I haven’t gotten one since then, but I know exactly what my next will be, even though I don’t when I’ll be able to get it. And if I had infinite money and a job that allowed me to do it, I’d already have both arms completely covered by now.
5. I’m from a tiny island in the south of France called Corsica, which no one knows even though we gave the world Napoleon Bonarparte ! (and you should come around here, we’re not particularly sorry about it either).
6. I don’t particularly like children – even though they tend to like me a bit too much – (but it really depends, my goddaughter is awesome and I love her, but I also don’t have to take care of her 24/7, so …) and people always look at me funny when I say that I don’t want any, ever.
7. I’m a Hufflepuff through and through. I would have gone through a terrible identity crisis if Pottermore had placed me anywhere else.
8. I’m terrified of dinosaurs since I’ve seen the first Jurassic Park (and also because around that time, I watched a sort of documentary about dinosaurs and I remember one of the scientists interviewed said that someday they’ll be able to clone dinosaurs’ DNA, but he made it sound as if they were almost there ! And I didn’t understand why they didn’t see how bad this idea was, and basically had a lot of nightmares about it), and even though I loved Pacific Rim, it made terribly uncomfortable.
9. The end goal since I was 14 has been to move to London. I got closer since I’m in Paris now, but I’m still not there yet.
10. I’m a lazy cook but I love to eat, which is a problem. Although, I’m usually more motivated when I bake.
11. I wanted to be a dancer when I was a kid (*cough*still do*cough), and I’m forever sad that I didn’t pursue this career.
I NOMINATE …
1. Which fictional character do you wish were real ?
2. What is the longest book you’ve ever read ?
3. Any book you wish you could reread for the first time ?
4. What’s your favourite things about blogging ?
5. If you could live inside a book, which one would it be ?
6. Which author would you most like to meet ?
7. If you could have any of your questions about a book answered, what would it be ? (ex : what happens to Gale after Mockingjay ? etc)
8. Which book do you have no intention of reading ?
9. Are you more Amazon or your local bookstore ?
10. Which character’s death was just too real to handle ?
11. If you could have a bookish-themed wedding, what theme would you choose ?
Sidenote : A link to this post can be found by clicking on the Liebster Award button on the right column.